Sunday, May 18, 2014

Challenge After the Challenge

Hi all!  How about that last series of blogs, eh?  Taking you through our experience of the 24 Day Challenge from AdvoCare.  Sharing our numbers, our pictures, our successes, our little victories. 

Well... Now What???

How do we follow that up?  Simple.  We take what we learned and move forward.  My buddy shared with me that the success is not within the 24 days of the challenge, the success is after the challenge. Day 25, Day 76, Day 103, Day 187, Day 367, Day 523, Day 842, etc... What are we going to do from here? All of them days are more important than any of the 24 days of the challenge.

As I've said before, the 24 Day Challenge was to prove to ourselves that we could do it.  We did do it.  Perfectly.  The Challenge was only ever intended to be a Jumpstart for us to get in line and build a routine that works.  Then take that routine and use it as a blueprint for the next little bit, where we get to a point where we're doing it without even thinking about it.

So, since we were so successful and pushed ourselves using that measuring stick of each day of successes, building up to our 24 days where we could finish it, making every day count and being able to look back and say we did it, perfectly... Why not follow our 24 Day Challenge with our own Challenge After the Challenge?

Sounds good to me.  I'd still like to keep track of our inches, so that we're able to see numbers associated to our efforts, since I'm expecting the numbers to be "not as great" as we were during our 24 Day Challenge.  But the effort will be there.  I do believe, whole-heartedly, that you keep your motivation going, if you're able to see relation between efforts and results.  If you don't see results, your efforts won't be as great.

But, I'm going to continue to blog.  It just won't be all centered around the 24 Day Challenge.  I'm still offering my coaching to anyone that uses my website on the right of this, to purchase and do the Challenge themselves.  Maybe they're looking to get their own Jumpstart, or they themselves are at a plateau.  Shoot, maybe they're just wanting to mix things up a little and need a good cleanse, so that they can start from ground zero and their bodies can be ready to absorb the nutrients needed.  A good cleanse is key to putting good powerful nutrition and fuel in your body.

So, these last few days, that we planned to be "off" are over.  I've been still drinking plenty of water and not skipping meals.  Didn't eat any junkfood really, but I can tell you, the stuff that I have eaten... I can sure feel the difference in my sleep, in my energy, etc... from eating very clean, to not eating as clean as my body has become accustomed to.

I, of all people, have all the excuses to BS stuff in my corner to say something stupid like, "Why start back on track on a Monday?"  Well, I'll tell you why.  You're only as strong as your toughest weakness.  It doesn't matter what day you start or that you pick to get back on track.  The most important part is the actual decision to take that step and start!  But here is the cool thing: we've already had this day planned.  It's not like we're just pulling it out of left field and saying, "Tomorrow is the day that we'll take no more crap!".... instead, we're making another promise to ourselves.

Does anybody remember the last time that Team Braaten made a promise about some 24 Day Challenge?  I do! Now, it's time to capitalize on what success we've built.

Tune back in!  Share if you like!

This Is the Best Day of My Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment