Thursday, April 17, 2014

What Can I do?

What's with that title?  Well, I'll tell ya.  Have you ever wondered "What if?"  Not like, "What if the world ended, what would you do?"  But more like, "What if... I had stuck to the Ideal Protein Diet?" 


What if... in the 9th grade, what if my dad didn't have to pick up a 3rd job, so I picked up a paper route and quit football... would have I been able to play and keep up in High School, with grades.  Would it have lead to college playing? Would that have left me obese? Or more active where I slimmed down after college?  Heck, I love my Denver Broncos.  I love the University of Montana Grizzlies football and how big they have built their brand since the late 1980's.  But would I have loved it enough to let it take me places?  To let it pay for college? Who the heck knows? 


But I wouldn't change it.  Honestly. For anything.  Even playing in the pros.  I love my life.  I just don't love being out of shape. Unfit. Having a large belly.  I really don't love wanting to roll a ball from one side of a gymnasium floor, wanting to see it reach the other side... but I walk next to it and pick it up, before it reaches its destination. Not ever knowing if I had the perfect roll


Let me explain.  When we celebrated our honeymoon, Katie and I went to Disneyland.  We ate what we wanted, when we wanted.  Keep in mind, we got married and I was weighing in at 329 lbs.  Smaller by 10 lbs, from my freshman year in High School.  I fit on the rides!  I really was like a kid.  I would giggle on any of the rides we rode.  Especially the rollercoaster "California Screamin" at the California Adventure Park.  Seriously, giggling.  I love to have fun! After Disneyland, we came back to Utah and worked 4 days, then I took her back to Montana to meet the rest of the fam.  The big fam. 


For the holidays, it's become a tradition to rent out a community center in one of the small towns.  Sting together 8-10 long banquet tables.  Everyone brings something.  It was great!  Again, we ate what we wanted, when we wanted.  After a Montana Christmas, we came back to Utah.  I was set to start up again on Ideal Protein, since I'd done so well the first go around.  But I didn't finish, so I wanted to get to my goal, 240 lbs. So I picked up, after I'd gained back some of my loss, I was back to 355 lbs by the time I got around to starting back on the plan. I had a great first week!  Killed it.  I lost 17 lbs!!! Bam!


Then I lost all motivation.  Gained even more weight back. We had our first child.  Welcome Tate.  I gained even more weight. Had our second child. Welcome Cece.  This was as big as I've ever been, to my knowledge.  I'd never step on a scale because I was afraid of what it would read.  Then it got to the point where I knew most scales didn't hold more that 400 lbs.  This is where I started my blog, because at 460 lbs is when I emailed the Cowboy I'd just watched on Shark Tank.


Bringing it altogether; I've never seen what I can do.  Now I get to ask myself, "What if...?"


Nick. What if you do great?  What if you reach your goal?  What if you inspire one person to not ever give up?  What if your kids and wife pick up the example that you want to be?  What if you kill this 24 Day Challenge from AdvoCare?  Just because you don't picture yourself thin, does not mean you can't be a bulky 240 and be healthy!


So, I will put it all out there, again.  After everyone that has seen my blog, last year and watched me simply just lose the desire, I've contacted ABC4 News in Salt Lake City, UT.  They are going to follow my 24 Day Challenge from AdvoCare.  I will be posting my measurements or weights on here as well as Facebook.  Again, I will give this a shot.  I do understand it will not come overnight.  I understand that it could take years to get where I want to be, physically.  But the mental changes I want to make, well heck, that just takes conditioning.  Going to bed and saying ONE single positive thing about yourself, every night... that'll wear on you.  In a good way.  I've read that in some of Shaun T's stuff.


Here are a couple of links for you to look at as well, you can watch one, with Cowboy Ryan interviewing his clients that have and are doing the 24 Day Challenge with AdvoCare:


https://www.advocare.com/14044214/Mobile/24DayChallenge/Default.aspx


http://lose-12-inches.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/lose-5-10-lbs-in-the-first-7-days-of-24-day-challenge


I'd like to see where this freight train is going!!
Anyone care to join me?

1 comment: