Sunday, April 13, 2014

Preparing My Mind

     Hello everyone! First of all, please, accept my gratitude for setting aside a little bit of your time, to once again (if you're a return reader), read a little bit about me and this Journey.  For those of you that may be new, Welcome!  If you like this, please continue following and please share.


     Anyhow, as the title says, I am preparing my mind, for the challenge ahead.  Sure, some of you have seen my posts on Facebook, regarding a new 24 day challenge that will be monitored by my Training Coach and Fitness Mentor, Cowboy Ryan Ehmann, as seen on ABC's Shark Tank.  He did the challenge himself.  His wife has done one round already, started on her 2nd round.  My buddy that I met at the Montana Fitness Ranch in Sula, Montana, hosted by Cowboy Ryan.  He has rounded up a few members of his family and friends.  They, along with him, will be doing the challenge in the next few days.  As for me, I've got my strength, my wife along for the ride, doing the challenge with me.  So far, I have had one of my family members that extended interest in starting the 24 day challenge, when Katie and I start it.


     So what is it "Preparing My Mind" all about?  I'll explain.  Last time, when I first contacted Ryan, I had no idea who he was, or what he was about.  Nor, did he know what to expect from me.  Again, bringing you current, preparation: when I was all gung ho last time, I really wasn't ready.  Don't get me wrong, I did great, a couple times. More than I expected that I'd do.  But in saying that, I can tell you, being able to admit to it, I know I was not mentally prepared.  Yeah, I studied the stuff that I downloaded from Ryan's website, to learn about how he did it. To learn about how he studied it. You know what?  I did learn it.  I did apply it.  I did hit a road block, or two.  I stalled. Then out of left field, I lost interest.  I felt like applying myself, when I felt it necessary.  Once I started seeing results, I felt it was good enough for now.  Instead, looking back, I should've capitalized on it.  I should have built a fitness savings account. Like I've said, a streak always starts with one.  One day, can make a big difference; good or bad.


     Preparing my mind that I need to find the inner support, in myself; to keep pushing.  Keep digging.  Keep going.  Keep trying.  It's not all about the numbers on the scale.  It is about my life. Do I want to be victim to food?  To poor choices? Do I want to be a prisoner in my own body?  I look in the mirror and I do not like what I see.  But that is not who I am.  Who I am is on the inside.  Yeah, I have fat.  But that does not define me.  Heck, that would be like saying I have finger nails, so therefore, that makes me finger nails.  No, I have fat and it's manageable. Diet and exercise can help you manage your fat/fitness.  But so does your mind.  I have to be in a mindset that I'm ready to accept what I've done in the past as well, commit to being the best that I can to myself and to my family. To my kids, my wife and my siblings, as well to my extended family.  I am an example.  It is up to me to decide what kind of example I want to be.


     My hope is that, in the 24 day challenge, we find little successes.  We can have little victories, that will Jumpstart us to the path of a huge victory.  But I must be confident that I am prepared for the Journey.  Just because I might get down to 245 lbs, which would be around 100 lbs smaller than I got this last time, that it does not stop there.  Choices with food and activity will be there every stinking day of my entire life.  Really quick, before I sign off (you gotta leave them wanting more)... when I emailed Ryan, after watching Shark Tank, I weighed in at 460 lbs.  I was down from 535 lbs.  When I got back from the Montana Fitness Ranch, I weighed in at 433 lbs.  I weighed in at the doc's office last week at 467 lbs.  On this 24 day challenge, people are losing around 5-10 lbs in the first week.  I'm not sure how my body will react to it, but I am really not that concerned with the first week.  I am more concerned with the end of the 24 day challenge.  I want to do it, with no cheating.  I want to give this Jumpstart every single opportunity to help me change the path and pattern of my life; of my family's life. 


     If I can inspire one single person, along the Journey, then it's worth it.  Maybe that person being inspired, will be me?


     As for the next blog, stay tuned.  I'll give you a little insight on what went on at the Montana Fitness Ranch!  It was a lot of fun!  Even when we were working out. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment